Student Profile – Jackson Ribler

Back to Article
Back to Article

Student Profile – Jackson Ribler

Jackson gladly accepts the title of Homecoming King, alongside Homecoming Queen Amanda Bello.

Fox-Mar Photography

Fox-Mar Photography

Fox-Mar Photography

Gianna Berrouet, Staff Writer

Between his kind personality and warm smile it’s no secret why Jackson Ribler was voted both Homecoming King and Senior Class President. Using his leadership role to help better the school, Jackson is making the most of his high school experience before he heads off to college.

Judging by the american flag embroidered on his student government jacket Jackson proudly wears, it’s no secret that he possesses a deep love for his country. He explains that after highschool he plans to attend a senior military college and eventually go on to serve as an officer in the army, making a career out of the passion he has for serving his country. Aside from serving in the army Jackson also takes interest in working for the Central Intelligence Agency or potentially running for the Governor of Florida.

Between being a distinguished member of the Florida Wing Cadet Honor Society and the various awards he’s received including Pre-Solo award at Johnson Flight Academy School, Veterans of Foreign Wars Officer Award,SDQN Flight Commander of the Year, it’s evident that Jackson is well prepared to serve his country any way he sees fit.

When asked to reflect upon some of his favorite high school memories Jackson expressed that being a part of badminton and being “sworn in” as class president were some of his favorites, “that was when high school really hit me.” Ribler concluded.

Apart from being involved in school Jackson also makes it a point to participate in a substantial amount of community service organizations out of school. Between volunteering at the Children’s Bereavement Center as a teen facilitator where he runs meetings and walks grieving teens through loss, Relay for Life, serving in the Civil Air Patrol where he commands a unit of around fifty cadets and being a part of the Palmetto Bay Youth Community Involvement Board where he orchestrates an annual fundraiser for Brain-stem Glioma it’s safe to say that Jackson takes pride in giving back to his community.

But Jackson’s community service work doesn’t just stop at his own community he also spent part of his summer traveling from the capital city of Thimphu to a remote village with National Geographic to research how the new Gross Happiness Initiative is affecting village life and teaching children how to speak English.

As we conclude the interview Jackson doesn’t hesitate to express the love he has for those who he has been fortunate enough to meet while being a student at Reef, “Only because of the amazing students and teachers unique to Coral Reef have I had these experiences. It is because of them that I wake up every day driven to make a difference for those around me in my school and in my community. A lot of people struggle to find out who they’re supposed to be in high school. I have been fortunate to have the opportunity to work hard and be able to decide for myself the person I want to be at Coral Reef.”