Valentine’s Day at The Reef

Gianna Berrouet, Staff

It’s finally February and love is in the air. As Valentine’s Day approaches various clubs at the reef are organizing different ways to fundraise during Valentine’s Day by selling grams. The reef’s wide selection of clubs means there’s something for everyone, whether your friends or loved ones are into roses, cards, love songs or cake pops you’ll be sure to find something that they’ll like.

In an attempt to raise money for their upcoming State Leadership Conference trip, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) came up with the idea to sell roses and cards that will be delivered on Valentine’s Day to students who want to show some love to their friends or significant others. FBLA grams will be sold for three dollars in the courtyard February 5-9.

The PTSA is also selling several Valentine’s Day packages. Multiple types of balloons ranging from two to three dollars can be purchased or you can add in a small bear for a couple more dollars. Packages will also be sold for 10 dollars in sets which come with either a large stuffed animal and two balloons or five red heart balloons and one message balloon. Every package includes a card that can be personalized for your special someone and will be hand delivered by the cudettes.

Best Buddies has also joined in on the Valentine’s Day festivities and is selling cake pops from Sprinkle Sparkle Pop. The cake pop grams come in chocolate, red velvet or vanilla all dipped in white chocolate and decorated for Valentine’s Day. You can purchase one cake pop for three dollars, three cake pops for eight dollars or 6 cake pops (plus a decorative arrangement) for 18 dollars. Order confirmations and instructions for pick-up will be sent to your provided email.

The grams dont just stop there. Chorus, IB, Medical and Educators Rising also plan to sell Valentine’s Day grams. Make sure to purchase grams from any of the clubs mentioned to show support by helping them raise money to fund activities.