How Far We Have Come

The Senior Panoramic

Back to Article
Back to Article

How Far We Have Come

A preview of one of the shots for the panoramic was made public for students. Did you blink?

Rebecca Santalo

Rebecca Santalo

Rebecca Santalo

It’s the first day, waking up way too early, putting on an unfamiliar uniform from an unfamiliar school, and having that feeling in your stomach whenever you’re nervous. Your parents drop you off in front of the school, kissing you on the cheek and wishing you good luck as you get out of the car. You’re surrounded by people you don’t recognize, and you spot a group of obviously older students wearing crowns and taking pictures, all laughing and hugging, so full of happiness and glee. You didn’t know the feeling then; you were a Freshman.

Fast forward in time, and you see yourself making new friends, competing in sports, taking part in clubs, completing the community service hours that your teachers and counselors keep bugging you about, running for student government, participating in school plays, getting good grades, and making your parents proud of what you have become.

It’s the last first day, driving yourself to school, wearing that uniform you are proud to have, and having that feeling in your stomach whenever you’re nervous. You park in the student parking lot, donning your Senior crown, and seeing your friends since Freshman year doing the same. You hug each other, posing for pictures and posting it on your Instagram, then from the corner of your eye, you spot a nervous newcomer, looking at you and your friends, not knowing the feeling of being a Senior.

This October 10, from 11:00 to 11:30 AM at the gym, the Seniors of Coral Reef Senior High will take the Senior Panoramic, in which every nerd, athlete, class clown, and everyone else in the Class of 2019 will be grouped up to take their last class picture. It’ll show how far we had come as a class, how we have changed from Freshman year to Senior year.