The Start to Your Future!

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Start to Your Future!

Erika Navarro, Author

Most students that attend a college fair, whether it is the one at Coral Reef or at any other school, tend to feel as if there is no way to keep track of all of the colleges present. However, there are many ways to prepare in order to have a successful and stress-free experience at College Fair.

To start off, students should always do research on the schools that will be present. By researching, students are able to find specific questions that they would like to ask rather than just asking as many questions as possible.

Once students have researched the schools, they should make a list of colleges that they would like to visit during the College Fair. The list should be ordered according to the schools that they are most interested in to the ones they are least interested in.

Afterward, students should create labels as a way to provide all their information to college representatives. These labels should include the student’s name, grade level, the school they attend, what they plan on studying, and any other information that colleges are looking for. By making these labels, students will not have to spend a long amount of time providing their information to the school representatives and instead have more time to learn about the school and ask any questions that they have.

Most importantly, remember to approach college representatives and actually converse with them. Many students usually grab the pamphlets at each table without actually engaging with the school representatives. The representatives are interested in learning about students and seeing if they are a good fit for their respective school.

Keep these pointers in mind in order to be ready to impress all the colleges and universities present at future College Fairs!

Erika Navarro, Author

Erika Navarro is a Junior in the Engineering academy who hopes to become a computer scientist and represent all Girls Who Code. Apart from writing, Erika...