Cudas on Stage!

Lizbeth Ramirez

Cuda students are allowed to express their talents through the many events that take place in our school. With that said, let’s acknowledge and congratulate Coral Reef Senior High School Theatre Department which competed in two one-act play competitions, the Florida Theatre Conference in Gainesville and the District 8 Thespian One-Act Play Festival! Our students wrote, directed, managed and designed this entire production under the guidance and teaching of Aralis Arca and Mayleen Williams.

Luc Aylsworth wrote an original full-length play and it was condensed to a one-act play. Music was also an important element in the play. Ryan Antoine added the lyrics and an original song. Amanda Placensia and Eugenia Ambard choreographed the unique dances. Alejandra Cano designed and sewed all the costumes that were shown onstage. Sydney Merritt Brown managed publicity and marketing for the production. Mya Zabari excellently directed to performers. Alexa Maccinnes and Neshia Harris operated lights and sound. Finally, Doug Bushea built the set alongside Aidan Gonzalez and Rick Kaufman. The Cuda Jazz band was also invited to come along and play for the Thespians’ event. Not only did the theatre department perform amazingly in the competitions, but they also performed at our school on  November 2, 2018, as part of a United Way benefit program. On November 5th they performed for a second time for their family, friends, and classmates.

Ultimately, these productions were made possible because of the hard work of many motivated students and their wonderful teachers. In the end, it was a big success!